The ongoing pandemic is still wreaking havoc all around the world. It has disrupted all our day-to-day activities, and we have to take the necessary precautions as we go outside. We at Siloe Home Health also share your frustrations, but we believe that we can see the vaccine‘s light at the end of the tunnel.
For the time being, though, health authorities are still recommending to practice minimum health and distancing standards to avoid infection, especially for those requiring Senior Care in Texas. The elderly are more susceptible to getting infected and are prone to getting a critical reaction. That is why telehealth is a godsend these days.
Telehealth allows our elderly loved ones to communicate with their health providers or physicians via telecommunications. Consultations and other conversations can happen from the comfort of home. However, there are things you must consider before doing telehealth. As a provider of both telehealth and Skilled Nursing, here are our recommendations:
- Ask your telehealth provider if their staff members have had the necessary data security training.
- Confirm if the digital platform that they are using is complying with the applicable data privacy laws.
- Get briefed on other security considerations a prospective provider has, like monitoring, risk management, and others.
- Make sure that your home network is secure.
- Make sure to change your passwords regularly and to follow password length and complexity guidelines.
Our clients’ health and safety are of paramount importance to us. However, their privacy is important to us, too. For this reason, we are taking steps to make sure that as a provider of Home Health Care in Rockport, Texas, our clients’ data are secure. For more details, please don’t hesitate to contact us.